Regular shows are held throughout the year to include: Dressage, Show Jumping, Arena Eventer Trial, Horseball, Showing, and Trec. For additional information on the different disciplines lick on the links:
Dressage Information Dressage Trot Tests Dressage Canter Tests
Show Jumpin Information
Arena Eventer Trial SCROLL DOWN PAGE
Trec FOR THESE RULES/ INFORMATION
HAT STANDARDS: It is mandatory for all Members to wear a protective helmet at all times when mounted with a chinstrap fastened and adjusted so as to prevent movement of the hat in the event of a fall. This rule defines the quality of manufacture that is required. The individual disciplines also have additional requirements with regard to type.
The hat standards accepted as of 1st October 2016 are detailed in the table below:
PAS 015:1998 or 2011* with BSI Kitemark
VG1 with BSI Kitemark
Snell E2001* with the official Snell label and number
ASTM-F1163 2004a with the SEI mark
AS/NZS 3838 1998, 2003 or 2006
Hats marked BSEN 1384 or EN1384 are no longer permitted
For cross-country fences, PTV in Trec whether Arena or outside of an arena, Arena Eventing a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface. A removable hat cover with a light flexible peak may be used if required.
No recording device is permitted (e.g. hat cameras, body cameras) as they may have a negative effect on the performance of safety equipment in the event of a fall.
BODY PROTECTORS: We do not make the use of body protectors compulsory, except for all Cross Country riding, Trec PTV phase and Arena Eventing whether it be training or competing. Body Protectors must meet BETA Level 3 standard 2009 (purple label). If a rider chooses to wear an air jacket it must only be used in addition to a normal body protector in these situations.
General Show Rules (as at 01/01/18)
The main show rules are listed below. Additional rules and information is also listed for Dressage, Show Jumping, Trec and Arena Eventer Trials sections/Links.
1. Acceptance of the rules and acceptance of the judge’s decision as final is a condition of entry.
2. Hard Hats to be worn to the latest standard listed above with fastened harness and correct footwear to be worn at all times when mounted on the showground.
3. Body protectors BETA level 3 Standard (2009) to be worn for XC, Trec PTV phase, Arena Eventing.
4. Correct attire to be worn: shirt and tie/stock with hacking/show jacket or TWIN TREES Sweatshirt only. However, a Show Jacket/ Hacking jacket must be worn for the Championships. Light coloured jodhpurs. Riding boots to be worn when mounted. In the event of bad weather waterproofs may be worn at the discretion of the judge. Please check with judge at the time of class. Many of our winter shows do not require you to wear show gear. Check relevant schedule for details.
5. No responsibility for loss, damage or injury to horse/rider, rider, spectator or property will be accepted by the Organisers. 5. The Organisers reserve the right to alter, modify, reduce, amalgamate, cancel or make any alterations to classes without notice. Large classes may be split at the Organiser’s discretion.
6. Any objection lodged must be accompanied by £20.00 which will be returned if the complaint is upheld
7. No horse/pony under 4 years may be ridden on the show ground or compete under saddle.
8. No Stallions on the show ground without prior agreement with the Organizers.
9. Horses to walk only outside of Rings in the interest of safety.
10. Lungeing not permitted on show ground.
11. Where prizes are awarded as stated in a specific schedule above and beyond rosettes they are subject to sufficient entries:
up to 5 starters 1 Prize
up to 10 starters 2 Prizes
More than 10 starters 3 prizes
12. Any dogs on site must be kept on a short lead at all times and any excrement cleared up. No dogs to go into Arenas or beyond the car park/ spectator area. All other horse paddocks and grazing are out of bounds and a dog free zone.
13. Please keep car park tidy. Do not leave hay or droppings behind. Droppings may go on the muck heap. Please do not put trailer droppings into Arena Skips!
14. A competitor may ride a maximum of 2 horses per class for Dressage and Jumping
15. Entry fees can only be refunded on production of Veterinary/ Doctor’s Certificate
16. Please note for some shows and Championship Shows there may be additional rules.
RULES AND REMINDERS
Body protectors must be worn. An air jacket if worn must be over a traditional body protector due to the solid fences being included in the course as well as obstacles to go under, over or through.
ARENA EVENTER TRIAL CLASSES
RULES AND REMINDERS
Body protectors must be worn. An air jacket if worn must be over a traditional body protector due to the solid fences being included in the course. Jockey Skull Cap to be worn (hat must not have a fixed Peak.)
The classes will involve a Show Jump course followed immediately by a timed simulated Cross-Country section. The show jumping starts with a bell, after the last show jump there will not be a second bell but riders may circle before or take a direct line to the first cross country fence. The winner will be the horse with the lowest penalty score at the end of the competition. In the event of a tie on penalties the fastest time over the XC section will be deemed the winner.
Knockdown 4 penalties